European Commission/EACEA, Autonomous Province of Vojvodina – Provincial Secretariat for Finances, November 2020-November 2022.
This project aimed to improve media literacy in Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina through cooperation and exchange of experience. The focus of the project was strengthening the capacities of youth workers and other relevant actors in the field of media literacy and journalism. The main target groups were youth workers and youth organizations, educational institutions, institutions of culture and media, especially youth media.
WeB Media Literacy project strengthened the capacities of::
– youth workers through media literacy training for trainers,
– journalism students through fake news debunking training,
– young journalists through training about modern journalistic skills and mojo,
– schools and teachers with providing them materials and resources about media literacy.
The second aspect of the project was an innovative raising awareness campaign aimed at youth and the wider public in Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The campaign was realized in a way and using channels that are close to the youth. Young people were creators of this campaign.
NSSJ realized following activities:
1) Three-day online training on disinformation, mojo and social media marketing for representatives of student and youth media
2) Viber stickers web promotion
3) Movie screening for general public and teachers
4) Participation in the project team meeting in Sarajevo
5) Sending two young journalists to regional training on monitoring and media analysis in Podgorica
6) Two-months internship for four young journalists from Serbia and Montenegro in FakeNews Tracer
7) Sending four activists to regional media literacy training in Bar
8) Realization of 20 workshops for primary and secondary school students in Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, Pozarevac, Zrenjanin, Sremski Karlovci, Petrovaradin, Sirig, Cenej, Becej, Mol, Backo Gradiste
9) Educational fact-cheking game promotion
10) Organization of the Forum of young journalists in Novi Sad
11) Organization of media literacy caravan in Valjevo, Belgrade and Novi Sad
12) Organization of the regional conference on media literacy in Novi Sad
13) Manual for educator on media literacy writing and promotion
The project was implemented by non-governmental organizations Juventas from Montenegro, Why Not? from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Novi Sad School of Journalism from Serbia, and GONG from Croatia.
Project coordinator: Valentina Sigeti, email@example.com