Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Serbia, January 2018 – December 2020
Introducing the practice of media and information literacy into the existing school systems of both primary and secondary education in Serbia, as a form of a functional literacy of citizens in a democratic society in the 21st century.
Results of the project are:
– professionally trained education employees from 20 primary and secondary schools;
– transformation of 20 school libraries into info libraries;
– creation of a curriculum and providing all the necessary materials for introduction of media literacy in schools and info libraries;
– educational web platform;
– increase in media literacy of students;
– enrichment of the existing extracurricular curriculums of schools;
– introduction of innovative methods in the existing teaching units;
– development and encouragement of critical thinking and student interaction;
– development of the concept of lifelong learning;
– development of children’s media and school productions.